West Fargo Horace Hawks Boosters
Booster Board Meeting Minutes
December 7, 2020 - Heritage Middle School Library
President Bob Christensen called the meeting to order at 6:45pm
Principal Dr. Pam Cronin, Bob & Nicole Christensen, Lori & Clayton Schenck, Donna Holsing, Jon Donnelly, Jennifer Mauch, Amanda (Mandii) Sturlaugson, Anita Velure, Michelle Schumacher, and James LaHaise (remote)
High School Updates:
- Cronin was present and discussed the High School progress. She brought in the layout information for the high school. They will have it ready to go to house the 9 & 10 graders in the fall of 2021. Also, when West Fargo middle school students start the four-day model on Jan 25, the ninth graders will follow. Dr. Cronin stated there is enough room at Heritage to do this safely.
- Booster Checking Account: A checking account will be set up at Bell Bank. It was decided that the President, Vice President and Treasurer will be able to sign on the account. Dual Signatures are required for checks over $500
Donations waiting: WF Exchange Club $1000-1500
Bee Seen Gear $500
Seth Novak $1000
Bell Bank $500
- By-Laws – An example of by-laws were presented. We need to review and revise for Horace Hawks Booster Club for approval at next meeting
- Mission Statement – we need to come up with a mission statement for the Horace Hawks Booster Club. Bring ideas to the next meeting.
- Membership (Still need a chairman)
Discussed levels of membership. Ideas were to have three different levels. Since we are just starting out, we do not have the resources to have merchandise on hand. Items that were discussed were car decals, yard signs, cooler/bag and tumbler. Nicole and Mandii will check with GoPromo and BSN Sports for pricing. An email will be sent out with different ideas
- Fundraising/Corporate Sponsorship – Donna Holsing/Jennifer Mausch
We discussed the different areas that will be available for corporate sponsorship. Football, softball and baseball fields will have advertising available on their scoreboards. Horace will eventually have a corner marquee sign, but a location has not been designated. The contracts range from $500 – $2000 per year for a three-year contract. The contracts would be from August to August. If we were to fill all the available advertising, it would generate around $30,000. The goal is to try to get advertising going this year. We can start now, and businesses could get 3 1/2 years for the price of 3. Other possible advertising would be the basketball court, windscreens for the outdoor fields and programs. We need to generate a list of businesses and forward any contacts to Donna and Jen.
- Communication/Social Media (still need a Chairman)
Social media sites need to be set up. Website page, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- Concessions (still need a chairman)
Where we can sell and do we need to purchase the equipment?
- Spirit (still need a chairman)
Have items for registration, homecoming, different sporting events, EDC and State tournaments, etc.
- Email needs to be sent out letting people know about the booster club, when and where our next meeting is, and that we are looking for members, committee chairs and committee members.
Meeting adjourned at 8:09pm. Motion made to adjourn by Jon Donnelly, second by Anita Velure
Next Meeting Date – Booster Board Meeting January 4, 2020 – 6:30 pm – Heritage Middle School Library