West Fargo Horace Hawks Boosters
Booster Board Meeting Minutes
March 1, 2021 - Heritage Middle School Library
President Bob Christensen called the meeting to order at 6:30pm
Bob & Nicole Christensen, Lori & Clayton Schenck, Donna Holsing, James LaHaise, Jon Donnelly, Kim Vuem, Erica Johnson, Ann Rockswold, Jennifer & Eric Mauch, Jorgia Voegele, Kelly Sommerfeld, Laura Herrick, Amanda (Mandii) Sturlaugson, Kathy Reardon, Aaron Stevenson, Jennifer Coles and Paul Aslakson
• Balance $3000.00.
There is a pending $60 donation from the FCCLA. They are proceeds from an in-school bake sale.
• January minutes were approved. Motion to approve minutes -Jorgia Voegele seconded by Erica Johnson.
• Communication/Social Media Jorgia Voegele
Website has been set up www.horacehawksboosters.com Razor Consulting- Eric Mauch and team have set up our website. A $15 fee needs to be paid for the domain name. Need homepage ideas. Currently there are links to Events, Membership, Advertising, Fund Request Form, Meeting Minutes, By-Laws and Board Members. There will be a link for Corporate sponsorship but will have information on where to send contract and payment. BNG is providing the hard costs for the credit card processing for our website. That should be available in two weeks. The booster club will need to cover the credit card fees or pass onto members. Razor will take care of the technical updates for the website and we will need to find a person(s) to update site with changes pertaining to the booster club. Asked about an IT club at the new school and it is not available at this time.
Jorgia has set up a Facebook and an Instagram page for the booster club. There are 148 Facebook members as of this meeting. The Booster Facebook page is reserved for Booster events, shout outs, etc. The school has a Facebook page dedicated to promoting school activities (i.e. sports, academic, music) A Twitter page has not been set up yet. Bob has an email list started of people that have attended a booster meeting. He has been sending correspondence to them regarding Booster club information.
• Membership – Erica Johnson/Ann Rockswold
Draft Membership levels:
▪ Level 1: $30.00 Horace Hawk decal and Staff get a Wednesday Jeans Day Button
▪ Level 2: $75.00 2 Horace Hawk decal, $40 360 Store Gift Certificate and Staff gets a Wednesday Jeans Day Button
▪ Level 3: $200.00 2 Horace Hawk decals, 2 activity passes, and Staff gets a Wednesday Jeans Day Button
▪ NEW LEVEL: Level 4: Founder’s club $500 or more- Name on a plaque. This would be separate from Membership. This would be just for families. We will open this up for a two-month period- April and May. Business donations would be classified under Corporate Sponsorship.
▪ Registration Apri1 1 to August 30, it will be on the website.
▪ Signup sheet was sent around to promote Boosters at school spring events (i.e., spring band and choir concerts and spring play)
▪ Coordinate with BSN Sports or GoPromo.
▪ Decided that there will be no autorenewal until we are more established.
▪ Need more members for the membership committee.
• Fundraising/Corporate Sponsorship – Donna Holsing/Jennifer Mauch
We have had interest for Corporate Sponsors. Contracts are being worked on. The biggest problem is finding the correct contact person. The cost for Corporate Sponsorship is anywhere from $1000 up to $2500 depending on location. 3-year contract plus the cost of sign. This fall we hope to have advertising on the Football field sign and the Marque sign. Generating approximately $40,000 in revenue. Next spring (depending on student participation numbers) the Softball and Baseball fields would be available for advertising. Other options down the road, advertising on Football field fence, sign in the gym, programs, popcorn bags etc. Also noted that with the $1000-$1500 level, sponsor would also receive 2 season passes, a yard sign and decal. $2500 level, sponsor would also receive 4 season passes, a yard sign and decal.
• Marquee sign – Bob Christensen
Working on arrangement with Horace Lutheran Church to put a sign on their property. We would pay for our sign and the church’s sign. Working on the leasing the land from the church with a 99-year lease.
We would be looking at a two-sided sign for around $40,000 and with the church sign it would be approximately $60,000. Bob is working with two different sign companies (Indigo Signworks and Next Signs) for design options. Ideally, we would like to have a decision made by May, so we are ready for the school year. West Fargo Public Schools would loan us the initial money for the marque sign.
• Concessions (still need a chairman)
Bob and Nicole are working with the Horace Lions. They are willing to help with concession start up. Working on getting the layouts for the concession stands for the football field, gym and the softball/baseball concession stands. They are making a list of the equipment needed for the stands (popcorn, pizza ovens, etc.) Offering of concession basics- popcorn, pizza, hotdogs, pretzel, pop, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. They are meeting with the Lions on March 22, 2021. We will need to look at the possibility to hire a concession manager down the road when we get bigger. They would order supplies, -make sure shifts are covered, etc.
• Spirit Kim Vuem
This committee will be set up to promotes school spirit. Examples would be t-shirts for the first day of school, homecoming fun, help with entrance fees for EDC and State tournaments. We need to have some funds to do this.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm. Motion made to adjourn by Eric Mauch, second by Paul Aslakson
Next Meeting Date – Booster Board Meeting March 29, 2020 – 6:30 pm – Heritage Middle School Library